Congratulations to our 2020 Scholarship Recipient Kaylah Vail!
Since the invention of the internet, we have been given the opportunity to have any kind of information at our fingertips.
We can look up different statistics, gather information on world news, read funny articles, learn how to cook, and play the piano.
However, with all the information we have access to we also pose the risk of having that information stolen and used against us.
Cybercrimes are a very serious offense and the punishments vary based on the seriousness of the crime being committed.
Some examples of cyber crimes include spam, identity theft, credit card fraud, and cyberbullying, to name just a few.
Cybercrimes are a very serious crime and if you are a victim of cybercrime it can be very stressful on a person.
The Law Offices of Kerry L. Armstrong want to hear from you and want to know what are the best ways to protect yourself from cybercrime. Tell us in 500 words or less some of the best ways that we can prevent ourselves from falling victim to cybercrimes.
Examples can include:
- Sharing less information on the internet
- Updating or renewing your security software
- Understanding what information you are allowing when submitting information to websites
Scholarship Contest Details
Tell us in your own words in 500-words or less on the best ways to protect yourself from cybercrime. We will be looking for the most compelling and well-written essay then award one winner $1,500 to put towards their tuition.
Essay Prompt: How to Protect Yourself from Cyber Crimes
Award: One student will be selected and awarded $1,500
- Applicants must be EITHER be out-going high school seniors (graduating summer 2021) OR students currently enrolled in a college, trade school, or university as of the start of the fall 2021 semester.
- Must submit your essay by Friday, December 31, 2021
- December 31st, 2021
When will I find out if I am the winner?
- Winner will be selected by January 15th, 2022
In order to qualify for the scholarship contest we will need to gather the following information:
- Your Name
- A valid email address
- Phone Number
- A copy of your transcript or proof of enrollment
- Upload your 500-word essay as a Word doc